I promised an update on the #ShelfLove challenge today, so here it is! The discussion this month is around budgets, which means I can pretty much stick to the same format as my extra updates for last month.
- 7/51+ already owned books read
- Spent: £21 out of ~£30 budget (budget is 10% of my income) for January
- Spent: £5 out of ~£25 budget for February
As for my other resolutions:
- No books impulse-bought
- Read every day
- Bed before midnight… mostly
- Up before ten every day
- Only bought one book from a series at a time
- Posted to the blog every day
- Commented on at least one other blog every day
- Tithed 10% in January, February tithe not done yet
- Done 18 hours volunteering total
- Reading/reviewing books from NG/etc… in progress
As for the money I save, mostly it’s going to my savings account. I am planning a slightly more complex budget so I can also save up separately for my next games console, but the main goal is just to build up my reserves a bit. It’s working well so far; I’ve shunted at least £200 into my savings so far this year, which may not be a lot for everyone but certainly is a respectable amount for me!