This week’s prompt for Top Ten Tuesday is “Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years”. Which is a cruel one, I think, because argh, there are so many, and how can I remember when I read them all? But here’s a rough guess. These are, of course, books I’ve read in the last three years, not books published in the last three years, because I say so.
- The Goblin Emperor, Katherine Addison. C’mon, you called it.
- Among Others, Jo Walton. This might be a bit out of the range now, but I’ve reread it in the last three years!
- Cuckoo Song, Frances Hardinge. I might shut up about this, someday.
- Behind the Shock Machine, Gina Perry. So much research went into this, and it’s a fascinating view on a very famous experiment.
- The Universe Versus Alex Woods, Gavin Extence. Lots of issues that fascinate me, wrapped up in an emotional book.
- The Dragon Waiting, John M. Ford. Man, this took so much digging through layers of stuff. I loved it.
- Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened, Allie Brosh. Because <3.
- The Grand Sophy, Georgette Heyer. Heyer is awesome, okay.
- The Carpet Makers, Andreas Eschbach. I remember this blowing my mind!
- The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern. Gorgeous. ❤
Tahdah! Now I daren’t look at other people’s lists, you’ll make me want stuff…