This Top Ten Tuesday prompt is just evil — to list my top ten favourite authors of all time. How can I do that!? Well, let’s have a go.
- Jo Walton. Needless to say.
- Ursula Le Guin. I might not read and reread her work as much now as I did, but she certainly had a hand in forming my brain.
- N.K. Jemisin. She’s relatively new to my shelves, but nonetheless awesome.
- Guy Gavriel Kay. Only one or two of his books have failed to make me cry. He writes powerful relationships between complex people so well.
- Robin McKinley. I don’t know why Chalice of all her books lives in my mind so strongly, but that and Sunshine are going to be favourites for a long time to come.
- Patricia McKillip. Also relatively new to my shelves, but she writes a kind of enchantment I can’t get enough of.
- Jacqueline Carey. She can make Sauron sympathetic. How can you not be in awe?
- Mary Stewart. My comfort reading of choice. ❤
- Dorothy L. Sayers. A love shared with my mum and which saved me from severe panic after my cholecystectomy!
- Scott Lynch. I’ve loved everything he’s put out so far. (Even if I haven’t finished Republic of Thieves.)