This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is the last books that you got your hands on, whether you bought them or got them from the library. There’s always my STS posts for that, but hey, I never miss a chance to squee about books. Plus, excuse to talk about all the cool bookshops I’ve been to.
- Adaptation, Malinda Lo. Picked this up at the Chapters in the West Edmonton Mall on the day I left Canada, and promptly read it on the plane.
- Inheritance, Malinda Lo. The sequel. I haven’t read this one yet.
- City of Stairs, Robert Jackson Bennett. I’ve been meaning to read this foreeeever. Also from Chapters in Edmonton.
- Artemis Awakening, Jane Lindskold. I don’t actually know much about this one, I just thought it looked kinda fun. From Chapters in the Chinook Mall, Calgary.
- Dreams of Shreds and Tatters, Amanda Downum. Eee, Amanda Downum. Looking forward to this. Got this one from the Indigo in the Core in Calgary.
- The Stone Prince, Fiona Patton. I’ve had this on my list for a while, and hey, Fiona Patton is apparently Tanya Huff’s wife? Cool. Got this from Fair’s Fair on 14th Street in Calgary.
- Illusive, Emily Lloyd-Jones. I had this as an ARC once upon a time. Heh. From Shelf Life in Calgary, on 4th Street.
- A Desperate Fortune, Susanna Kearsley. Aaaages ago, Susanna offered to send me a spare ARC she had. It finally arrived. Whoop!
- Sorcerer to the Crown, Zen Cho. Received to review via the publisher. I’m excited for this one; people mentioned Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and Georgette Heyer as influences…
- Heir of Fire, Sarah J. Maas. Bought in Fnac in Leuven while I was at my partner’s. Excited for this one, though I need to read The Assassin’s Blade first. Which I also got.
What’s everyone else been getting? Any exciting bookshops?
10 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
I see many titles that I would love to read: Sorcerer to the Crown, Heir of Fire… Happy Reading 🙂
I was so excited to get Sorcerer to the Crown!
Nice haul! City of Stairs was a fantastic read, so I’ll be curious to see what you think. I actually have both of Fiona Patton’s series on my shelf in paperback, but am woefully behind in giving them a read. I’m honestly surprised she’s never co-written something with Tanya (that I know of), but that may be the secret to a happy marriage. 🙂
I’m looking forward to it, though not sure when I’m going to fit it in… or, for that matter, where I’ve put it in the chaos of my unpacked bags. Gulp.
Heir of Fire is great, hope you enjoy it!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/top-ten-tuesday-13/
Me too, I’m looking forward to it!
Heir of Fire is sooooooo good!!! Although so is The Assassin’s Blade, it’s novellas but reads like a novel all of it’s own. I hope you enjoy all of these! 🙂 Here’s my TTT!
I’m looking forward to both of them. *bounces eagerly*
Heir of Fire!! I hope you enjoy it!!
Me too, I’m excited!