I mentioned the first month I made a TBR list that I like making lists, but I have trouble sticking to them. I’ve been through half a dozen iterations of this list, and each one I’ve sulked about more than the last, so I’m going to go with a free for all month. Instead of telling you what I’m planning to read, I’m gonna tell you what I’m packing for my holiday at my parents’ — which might come to the same thing.
- Ben Aaronovitch, Foxglove Summer.
- Elizabeth Bear, One-Eyed Jack.
- Holly Black, The Darkest Part of the Forest.
- Susan Cooper, Ghost Hawk.
- Chris Evans, Of Bone and Thunder.
- Kazuo Ishiguro, The Buried Giant.
- Emily Lloyd Jones, Illusive.
- Sarah J. Maas, Assassin’s Blade.
- Sarah J. Maas, Heir of Fire.
- Gail Z. Martin, Deadly Curiosities.
- Maureen F. McHugh, Mission Child.
- Rainbow Rowell, Landline.
- Freda Warrington, The Dark Blood of Poppies.
- Freda Warrington, The Dark Arts of Blood.
- G. Willow Wilson, Alif the Unseen.
Naturally, I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if I take my bat home and refuse to read a single one of these during August, but, well, I tried.